Replacing faucets is not something many people consistently think about, but sometimes it needs to be done. The problem is knowing when you should replace your faucets, and when you should just repair them. Here are 5 times it is time to replace your faucets.
- Style: If you are tired of your old faucets aesthetic you can replace it anytime you like. Usually, people wait until their faucet goes out of style or they are remodeling other parts of the house to match, but faucets can be replaced anytime.
- Age: A faucet usually lasts for 15-20 years. If your faucet is old and is needing repair, it may be time to get a new one rather than fix it only to have it break again in the near future.
- Struggling: Some faucets may not make it to their expected lifespan and may break regularly. Sometimes a difficult faucet is not worth the effort, and you would rather a new and reliable faucet.
- Efficiency: Sometimes older faucets are less efficient than newer models. You can upgrade to a newer faucet to achieve the same feeling of water flow while saving water.
- Features: More advanced features may be something you desire on a faucet, making a new faucet a worthy investment. Sometimes a good upgrade makes it worth it to move on from your current faucet.
While replacing your current faucet can be expensive sometimes it is a necessity or is worth the cost. If you are considering replacing your faucets make sure to look at the pros vs. the cost to see if you should stick with your current faucet a bit longer.