Water damage restoration is an expensive and arduous process, so it is not a process anyone would want to go through. Water dries on its own, so should proper water damage restoration be ignored? The problem is that the water will be reluctant to dry on its own, so there will be severe consequences for ignoring it. Here are a few effects of not doing proper water damage restoration.
- Mold: Mold loves damp homes, and when you have water damage in your home it is only a matter of time before mold moves in behind it. Walls, furniture, flooring, and anything else in your home can develop mold when damp, causing serious health problems.
- Hazardous Water: Sometimes the water that causes the damage is questionably safe. If it comes from an unsafe source, then it can cause health problems to you in the future.
- Damaged Services: There are gas lines, electrical lines, and other things running through your walls. These can all be damaged by water if not properly taken care of.
- Structural Damage: The structure of your home can be damaged by water. The supports holding it up are not meant to be soaked, and if they get wet can become weakened thereby causing structural issues to your home.
- Superficial Damage: Things can also get superficially damaged, as well. Floors can warp and paint can bubble and discolor. This is not aesthetically pleasing and makes it obvious that water damage has happened if you try and sell your home.
Water damage is no joke, and water damage restoration should be done immediately for the health of yourself and your home. Make sure to call in water damage restoration services if you ever need.